We, as repository of learning resources in the University, envision ourselves to insure optimum access and delivery of information and provide scholarly resources and state-of-the art facilities in support of the academic units in a deregulated University by 2025.
The University Library support the Academic programs and advocacies of the university to strengthen and enhance the instruction, research, and community extension programs of the UST-Legazpi by promoting Intellectual growth and creativity, facilitating access to information resources, updating learning resources & services in accordance with local and international standards.
Our Objectives• To engage the library personnel in spiritual, moral and emotional programs fostering a culture of charity borne out of gratitude;
• To promote among the library personnel work ethic in the spirit of service, collegiality, and solidarity;
• To promote health of mind and body among the library personnel through sustained wellness programs;
• To participate in social, political, economic, cultural and environmental advocacies and programs of the University;
• To assist the academic departments in developing the academic program for strategic partnerships and transformative education;
• To respond to the changing local and global opportunities and challenges;
• To provide library-related resources in working for local and international accreditations of academic programs;
• To involve library personnel in research;
• To engage the library personnel in community development & extension programs;
• To comply with the requirements of a university;
• To provide appropriate facilities and equipment that create an environment of independent study and learning;
• To improve access to information resources that support the academic programs and research;
• To contribute to the establishment of UST–Legazpi as the center for Bikol studies in research, language, culture and the arts;
• To engage the library personnel in quality management systems;
• To optimize talents of library personnel for self–development, communal welfare, and regional distinction;
• To ensure availability and sustainability of resources in the different programs through sound resource management; and
• To help with professional and support staff development.
Our Goals• Provide access to information in all formats in order to support the teaching, learning, and research needs of its clientele.
• Updated, relevant collections, state-of the-art facilities, qualified and highly skilled Christ-centered personnel.
• CHED, DepED, PAASCU, PACUCOA, and LEB compliant.
• Improve user services and access to information.